Can't Find What You're Looking For? Search Here!

Sunday 16 September 2012

Kampung Sapit - Borneo Highlands

Roughly two weeks ago, the lovely couple Mr. Sim and his beautiful other half Miss Mei Er, co-owners of the website Bombastic Borneo sent an invite out to their many followers on Facebook, inviting us all on a trans-border trek to Kampung Sapit in the Borneo Highlands and it's nearby waterfalls.

I have been looking forward to this trip, but it's zero-hour now and as always, I find myself nervous, wondering if I can make it to the falls. With my current physique, smoker's lungs and lack of stamina, I always feel like I should've done more, expecially when it comes to dieting and my exercises.

However, the itinerary posted on the facebook events page looks pretty straightforward:

Day 1
7.30am : Meet up (@10mile) & drive to Bang Baku (near Kambug School)
8.30am : Reach car park & ojek (motorbike taxi) to Kpg Sapit
8.30am-10am : Reach Sapit & wait for everybody to arrive
10am : Trek to Kpg Gun
10.30am : Reach Kpg Gun & stopover @ Ketua Kpg Gaut's house
10.45pm : Trek to Mureh fall (ard 1 1/2hr)
1pm-2pm : Lunch @ waterfall (provided)
4pm : Trek back to Gun for light refreshment
5pm : Trek back to Sapit
6pm : Arrived @ Sapit, free & easy
8pm : Dinner (provided)

Day 2
8am : Breakfast (provided)
9am : Trek to Samud Waterfall (1/2 hr trek)
12pm : Lunch @ Samud Fall (provided)
3pm : Ojek/trek back to Bang Ba Ku (treking time : 1 1/2hrs)

and with fingers crossed, I'll be able to keep up with everyone elses' pace this time around.



It's an overnight trip so I'll see you guys on the flip side, in this case  Monday, 17th September 2012 +8 GMT!

No comments:

Post a Comment