Can't Find What You're Looking For? Search Here!

Monday 8 October 2012

Running Through Life With My Eyes Shut Tight



Give me life tonight
For I grow weak and cold
From this superficial world
I wish to cease
A part of my soul
Wretched in a mass of deceit
But what is truth
And which are lies
My tired mind cannot derive
I watch another sunrise
And wait for its setting rays
To grace upon the land
the land that I wish to be free from
the land which I'm rooted upon





Show me life
For I cannot remember
The smell of fresh cut grass
and unadultered innocence
The taste of morning breeze
and blind naiveté
I close my eyes and wait
for the descent of slumber
Glorious sleep, glorious sleep,
Elude me not this day
Blessed slumber,
I bid you Good morning,
and with this
Let my dreams take flight

No comments:

Post a Comment