Can't Find What You're Looking For? Search Here!

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Running Through Life With My Eyes Shut Tight


 
I have seen you walk down the street
The wind in your hair
Your eyes wide and full of expectations
You walked like the you owned the world
Taking in the sights and sounds
Not really listening
Not really seeing
Not comprehending
What goes on inside your head

I have seen you whisper into the wind
And smile for no reason
The lines on your face lighten up
The shadows in those eyes
Chasing away the demons of the past
Hope like butterflies
Float away in the warm summer's breeze
And you watch them
Watch them carry your dreams away

I saw you standing infront of your mirror
Naked with arms at your side
Staring at the reflection
Hoping to see what you once were
You touched the mirror
Touching your own reflection
And the cloak of sadness
That envelopes your being
Tweaks the strings of my broken heart

And I saw the tear
I hear your silent scream
And I wished you could see me
As I screamed the way you did
As I mourned for you
For the me that I saw in you
Certain now that I am
Looking at myself through
The cold hard surface of a mirror 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment